1. Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
2. It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.
3. A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
4. Nothing is as good as it seems beforehand.
5. Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak.
6. Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
7. Zeal should not outrun discretion.
8. The voice of the people has been said to be the voice of God; and, however generally this maxim has been quoted and believed, it is not true to fact. The people are turbulent and changing, they seldom judge or determine right.
9. The pen is mightier than the sword.
10. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.
Jesus Christ (The Bible, Matthew 26:52)
11. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
12. Power Corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
13. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Fred R. Barnard
14. Carpe Diem (Seize the day)
15. Divide and Conquer.
16. I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
17. It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
18. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
19. If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
21. The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step.
22. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Harry S. Truman
23. Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier then putting it back in.
24. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
25. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.